Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boilie Shape

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:26 am

What is your favourite hookbait shape.

Is it either the good old round boile or the dumbell.

what do you catch more on?

I'm still a traditional round man myself, but like to introduce different sizes in my free offerings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingforum.co.uk
grandad

grandad

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:17 am

barrels for me! remember boillies are only round so you can get them out at distance at accurately..but we now have spods to do this.i dont use pellets atall now as most are rubbish..especially trout n halibut ones! the ones made 4 carp are good though, i prefer to use barrels instead of pellets
Back to top Go down
Robert Martin

Robert Martin

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:27 am

I like to use boilie pellets - I take the boilies and chop them into small pellet shaped sized (Big ones for hookbait), that tends to work really well on my local water
Back to top Go down
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:09 am

So that must take an age Robert to chop up all your free offerings as well, or do you just do this for your hook-baits, what do you do with all the off cuts as well then
Back to top Go down
Robert Martin

Robert Martin

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:12 am

yeah it does take a while lol and it depends how much time i have. Also i'll normally put the chops into a pva bag etc
Back to top Go down
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:17 am

Excellent, nice tip.

I'll need to give that a go, does sound time consuming, but if it puts a fish on the bank its worth it. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Robert Martin

Robert Martin

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:20 am

yeah when that chunk is in the net it makes it all worth while lol, it can be harder with smaller boilies but having 3 or 4 from smaller boilies seem to work aswell. No problem mate, happy to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grandad

grandad

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:33 am

wot i do to make make my own is as follows...if im using an 8mm nozzle i fire the sausage straight into the boiling water..when cooked i let em cool down then cut to size using household scissors..its so easy and you can do loads in minutes!!! you can make bigger size's aswell just by using a bigger nozzle...but if you want a neater hookbait barrel all you have to do is use a rolling table 1 size bigger than your sausage when rolling!
Back to top Go down
Robert Martin

Robert Martin

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:44 am

thanks for the tip grandad Smile i don't actually make my own but when/if i do start making them i'll definitely try that
Back to top Go down
stot

stot

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 am

round and small normally 10 mm and crushed free offerings where possible Surprised
Back to top Go down
grandad

grandad

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:28 am

yeah i also agree with stot..10mm are an excellent size on the hair,i usta fish 2 x10mm then a small cork ball on top.. think they called it a stack rig? deadly little rig..have you ever watched a few big carp gorge themselves on a few kilo of 10mm i have and its unreal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boilie Shape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boilie Shape   Boilie Shape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boilie Shape
Page 1 of 1