Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Boilie of all time

Go down 
+5
megaschub
jford1973
stot
grandad
Carpio
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

Favourite Boilie of all time Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:24 pm

So what is your favourite boilie of all time?

i'll start the ball rolling by saying:

Nash Scopex Squid Liver Plus, simply awesome, would happily of taken it everywhere with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingforum.co.uk
grandad

grandad

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:33 am

its was called rapido!! it was an in house bait made for hinders..it was made using john baker ingredients..flavoured with his shelfish plum..an absolutely incredible bait that i never blanked on! got a feeling it will be re-launched by j,baker himself but with a different name soon,as he's stuff is soon to be available ready rolled.
Back to top Go down
stot

stot

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 am

grange then active8 rabbit
Back to top Go down
jford1973

jford1973

PostSubject: Indian Spice, Ian Russell - Heathrow Baits   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:11 am

Lovely curry flavour. Loved em, the pop ups were the nutz as well.
Back to top Go down
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:30 am

Were they branded, or did you make them yourself, I remember ( Ithink it was Nash did a) curry based boilie back in the 90's, if memory serves me it was just before their Sting Fish mix, and i did very well on it, and dont ask me why, but I have not tried a curry powder bait since.
Back to top Go down
jford1973

jford1973

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 pm

They were Indian Spice branded by Heathrow Bait Services.

They rolled my pop ups but I bought the bottom baits from my local supplier, Harefield Tackle. The pop ups they rolled for you, were identical to the bottom baits, which was rare back then. This was in the late 90's.

You were right, there was a Nash bait out, that was a bit curry like. However I didnt use it. I used the Whiskey which worked well for a bit before it blew. I then went on to the Active8 for a good while before getting into rolling my own.
The Indian Spice went on to change its name to Red Indian's, and they didnt quite seem the same.
Im now looking like going back to Nash bait for this season, after being mucked about when field testing for someone.
Back to top Go down
megaschub

megaschub

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:47 pm

for the moment i am testing the boilies from Sandhurst Baits because i have a agreement with Sandhurst to sell the boilies here in belguim

before i was fishing with a boilie with squid/garlic flavour and i had great results

grtz
Back to top Go down
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:16 am

jford1973 wrote:
I used the Whiskey which worked well for a bit before it blew.
Im now looking like going back to Nash bait for this season, after being mucked about when field testing for someone.

Yes, I fondly remember the Whiskey, "hic", I to did well on it back then, dipped in the dark browny food dip they did for them. I still think today you cant go far wrong with the Nash Scopex Squid Liver, a very consistant carp catcher.
Back to top Go down
jford1973

jford1973

PostSubject: Favourite boilie   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Carpio wrote:
jford1973 wrote:
I used the Whiskey which worked well for a bit before it blew.

Yes, I fondly remember the Whiskey, "hic", I to did well on it back then, dipped in the dark browny food dip they did for them. I still think today you cant go far wrong with the Nash Scopex Squid Liver, a very consistant carp catcher.

Yeah that food dip Whiskey 'ees' was the nutz. Never had a sip myself though, but sounds like you did!
Back to top Go down
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 am

I certainly did drunken drunken

You know I actually still have 2-3 of these food dips tucked away in my cupboard, still sealed and unopened ( i wonder what the use by date is on them?) and a load of whiskey pop-ups.

as i've mentioned on another topic on this forum, i just wish Nashy would bring back the bottom baits as well.
Back to top Go down
jford1973

jford1973

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 am

Well if you dont want one of them, then feel free to post me one with a few pop ups!
Back to top Go down
Nash Adam

Nash Adam

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:17 am

Scopex squid liver plus without a doubt!

But it's interesting to see that whisky was so popular. I still use this now, and combined with the new whisky magaic dip it's a bit special.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/consultantlisting.php?consultantid=3
Robert Martin

Robert Martin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:20 am

Ocean-Fresh Scopex Squid and Robin Red Smile
Back to top Go down
fat_jay

fat_jay

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Bet it still catches
premier fish mix, nod oil, cranberry nutrafruit, then we realised the more you chucked in the more you caught, good times!
Back to top Go down
SPODDER

SPODDER

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:10 am

Im going to start using CC Moore baits, what do you think is better the Odysseyxxx or the live system?
Back to top Go down
SPODDER

SPODDER

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:08 am

thanks for the replies, i think im going to start using xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Boilie of all time   Favourite Boilie of all time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Boilie of all time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Carp Forum :: Bait Zone-
Jump to:  

Advertise Your Products or Services With Us - Click Here