Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Chod - or not

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

To Chod - or not Empty
PostSubject: To Chod - or not   To Chod - or not Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:07 am

I am icreasingly hearing that some carpers are now only fishing this rig/method on most of their fishing trips.

Personally i have not used this method yet, however feel that i may be missing out by not using it., and would like to give it a go.

Would it be useable on quite/very weedy waters, or is it most/best suited to waters where there is only slight bottom detritus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingforum.co.uk
grandad

grandad

To Chod - or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Chod - or not   To Chod - or not Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:54 pm

the chod.. suits me on both types of water to be honest..but you gotta use it trial n error, if you fish 2 or 3 rods at least try it on one and see what happens? it does take a little getting usta though,as bites can be odd at times, and you must fish it with a slack/slackish line, which can cause problems,as ive had fish take me into a snag without so much as a single bleep!(during the night)
Back to top Go down
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

To Chod - or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Chod - or not   To Chod - or not Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:20 am

Hi Grandad,

thanks for the reply, it sounds that by trying it on 1 rod first is the best way forward, its kinda weird, the whole confidence thing i suppose, changing over, as im not too into different rigs, but i thought i would give it a try, good to hear its ok for really weedy waters, as theres some areas on mine that are nearly choked, but the fish are in there all day. thanks for the tip about the bites, i'll need to be careful.
Back to top Go down
grandad

grandad

To Chod - or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Chod - or not   To Chod - or not Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:58 am

you must use the lightest weight you can get away with in dense weed, as the idea of the chod is to sit on the weed,not in it!! and have your top bead up as high as the knot where your mainline meets the leadcore, the idea being..the lead goes into the weed leaving your popped up chod rig on the weed, im sure if you do a search sumwhere on the net it will giv u all the info u need on the rig.
Back to top Go down
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

To Chod - or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Chod - or not   To Chod - or not Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 am

So, how light we talking the lead should be, 1oz??, i normall fish 2.5oz, and what length of lead core do you use, i was thinking from reading thearticles, that this "naked chod2was the way forward, whats your thoughts on that.
Back to top Go down
grandad

grandad

To Chod - or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Chod - or not   To Chod - or not Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:34 am

i was using the so named naked chod 3 yrs ago, perhaps i shooda copywrited it eh! ive always use a long length of leadcore,just because everyone else does really, but i found it hard to cast long range,so i got into the habbit of using say 4ft-6ft, like i said as light as u can get away with? at range 30z was ok for me. short range 1.5oz-2oz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To Chod - or not Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Chod - or not   To Chod - or not Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Chod - or not
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Carp Forum :: Rigs and Tactics-
Jump to:  

Advertise Your Products or Services With Us - Click Here