Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carpio
Admin
Carpio

Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Empty
PostSubject: Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting   Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 am

Any tips on which fluorocarbon line casts the best for distance

I constantly hear that X-Line is a poor casting line, what on the market today is better.

Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingforum.co.uk
grandad

grandad

PostSubject: Re: Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting   Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 am

tigerline is supposed to be good. i use x line its pretty good.but as u say not the best for distance.
Back to top Go down
kent carper

kent carper

PostSubject: Re: Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting   Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 am

try ultima power carp in 12lb its flouro coated so sinks well but casts like a dream, mark hutchinson has cast the 14lb over 200yrds without a leader, it breaks at over 20lb
Back to top Go down
grandad

grandad

PostSubject: Re: Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting   Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:16 am

fluro coated lines are rubbish!! they dont last the distance,they are ok for a while but thats it!, you can cast with them yeah,but they dont sink as well or like i said last..their short life span aint worth the money..they start to go a bit crinkly not long after use! like i said ive used x-line for a long time and can hit 100yrds using the 14 or 15lbs (not sure which is which on my spools) ive seen this question on other forums and the tigerline is supposed to be the nuts? just type in tigerline on your search and it should take you to the site..its not cheap i know that, but its getting a good few rave reviews..but you cannot rate summink you've not used imo, but ive used both x-line and fluro coated lines and its my experience with both which sways my favour to 100% fluro and not the coated variety, i really dont care if sumone can cast 200yrds with a certain line, as i dont think that is a proper test..
Back to top Go down
Nash Adam

Nash Adam

PostSubject: Re: Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting   Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 am

Tiger line is the best i've ever used and when I was using fluoro carbon lines, this was my main choice, but these days I don't see the point when a good strong mono can pretty much do all I want it to.

Technology has come so far now that most mono's are very good at sinking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/consultantlisting.php?consultantid=3
grandad

grandad

PostSubject: Re: Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting   Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:23 pm

ive just got sum ultima pure power 100% fluro in 14lbs, we done sum casting with it on my m8s tackle, and was hitting 150yrds!!!! no rig on,just a lead, we had it in weedy green which imo is better than the clear, impressive stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting   Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Fluorcarbon line for Casting
Page 1 of 1