Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could anyone please offer some advice?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ardom1986

ardom1986

Could anyone please offer some advice? Empty
PostSubject: Could anyone please offer some advice?   Could anyone please offer some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:37 am

Hi There,

I have recently bought myself a little carp rod and a bait runner reel (12ft rod 2.5lb test curve) but I am not sure which kind of line, leads or hooks to purchase as I am a beginner at carp fishing. I am a pleasure angler but I would love to start and sink a line to try catch carp.
If anyone could please offer any advice I would really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
greg8564

greg8564

PostSubject: Re: Could anyone please offer some advice?   Could anyone please offer some advice? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 am

hi m8 good line to start daiwa sensor 12lb you can buy rigs tied and a in line lead set up you can get them in kits 2to 3oz lead hopes this helps a litte cheers
Back to top Go down
carpguide

carpguide

PostSubject: Re: Could anyone please offer some advice?   Could anyone please offer some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi Mate, Welcome to the world of Carping!

I'd say the best thing to do is keep it simple.

With a 2.5lb TC rod you don't want to be using huge leads. something like a 2.5oz will be fine.

Rig wise, stick to something like a simple hair rig. Size 8 curve shank hook on a braid hooklink.

The best advice for a new angler is try and go out with someone you know who fishes. If that's not possible, find videos on Youtube and just digest everything you can!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carpfishingguide.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could anyone please offer some advice?   Could anyone please offer some advice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could anyone please offer some advice?
Page 1 of 1